Facilities

Our rowing club is on the west side of Bath between the river, the Boathouse pub and Newbridge Park and Ride. We have been here since 2006 although the club first started in 1914 as Bath Ladies Boat Club on the other side of town. We have access to 4km of the river Avon to row on and plenty of space to store boats and equipment. We have small space inside with ergo machines for land training too. We have a new shower and changing block which has been added in 2015 with the help of grants from Sport England and Bath and North East Somerset Council, local trust funds and fundraising by our membership.

 

Construction of the Arnold Cooke Boatshed

 

Minerva's members built the main club boatshed on the far end of the site to allow for expansion. The club formed links with the University of Bath rowing club and together with them built a second boatshed to house the club's expanding fleet and the university boats. The new boatshed was finally named in 2010 after the current President and longstanding member, Arnold Cooke. The university continue to share the MBRC boatsheds and so too does British Rowing where one of it's 10 UK World Class Start centres is based - this is where British Rowing trains up future hopefuls for Team GB.


Return to top of page